FIVE SPECIAL EVENTS FOR CANADIAN ATTENDEES AT THE AAJ VANCOUVER CONVENTION
To attend the events at the AAJ Vancouver Convention, you must be an AAJ Member. To support and encourage new Members to join us in Vancouver, AAJ has established a great introductory rate for new Memberships. Click here for a detailed AAJ Membership Application setting out special discount pricing of up to 50% off the annual dues available only for new members up to July 1, 2010.
AAJ CONVENTION OPENING PARTY & CANADIAN RECEPTION
7:00pm-9:00pm, Saturday, July 10th, 2010
Vancouver Acquarium, Vancouver, BC
Join your AAJ colleagues at the Convention Opening Party. This year the Opening Reception is being co-sponsored by:
• Gary Will, Will Barristers (ON)
• Derek Miura, Trial & Appeal Lawyer (BC)
• Raymond F. Wagner, Wagners (NS)
• David A. Klein, Klein Lyons (BC)
• Ches Crosbie, QC, Ches Crosbie Barristers (NL)
• Joe Murphy, QC, Murphy Battista (BC)
• Tony Vecchio, Slater Vecchio (BC)
• Bruce Hillyer, Martin & Hillyer (ON)
• TLABC, ACTLA, STLA, OTLA & APTLA
We thank them for their support and commitment to the success of the Vancouver Convention.
FULL-DAY CANADIAN TRACK
TORTS CANADIAN STYLE: PREPARATION, PERSUASION & PRESENTATION
9:15am-5:00pm, Sunday, July 11th, 2010
Room 211 West, Level 2, Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre
Click here for full Canadian Track details.
CANADIAN MEMBERSHIP BUSINESS MEETING & LUNCHEON
12:15pm-2:00pm, Sunday, July 11th, 2010
Room 201, West, Level 2, Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre
Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre, Vancouver, BC
Many thanks to our Luncheon Sponsor: Seahold Investments Inc.
CANADIAN CAUCUS DINNER
7:30pm, Sunday, July 11th, 2010
Azia Restaurant, 990 Smithe Street, Vancouver
Thank you to our Caucus Dinner Sponsor: Henderson Structured Settlements (Vancouver, BC)
A ticket is required for this event and space is limited. You must RSVP to Canadian Caucus Executive Director, Libby Kinghorne. E-mail Libby Kinghorne to secure your ticket. Tickets are held on a first come, first served basis.
LITIGATION AT SUNRISE: CANADIAN TOPICS IN PRODUCTS LIABILITY
7:50am-8:30am, Monday, July 12th, 2010
Room 205-207 West, Level 1, Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre
There are Canadian presentations and presenters at several of the AAJ Education Programs, including the Advocacy Track, Family Law Section, Products Liability Section and Class Action Litigation Group. Click here for full details of the various Canadian CLE Presentations.
These events are part of the greater AAJ Annual Summer Convention being held in Vancouver, BC, from July 10th-15th, 2010. In order to attend the Canadian Track, you must be a Member of AAJ and register for the Convention. You can register for a one day visit in order to attend the Canadian Track, or for the full 5 day of events.
AAJ has a great deal on for Canadians wishing to join in advance of the Vancouver Convention. Click here for a detailed Membership Application setting out special discount pricing until July 1st. There are many, many reasons to be a part of AAJ, but the Top 10 Reasons to Join can be found here.
Canadians can also take advantage of special registration discounts:
• Lawyers attending their first convention, who were first admitted to practice with bar dates within the past 10 years, receive a 50% discount.*
• Spouse or guest of all New Lawyers, who were first admitted to practice with bar dates within the past 10 years, receives a 50% discount.*
• Paralegals attending their first convention receive a 50% discount.*
• Three or more members from the same firm may take advantage of a 10% discount on registration fees if they register together.*
More information is available at the AAJ WEBSITE.