THE A, B, C & Ds OF AUTO INSURANCE - 2008
Friday, November 7th, 2008 • Baronet Ballroom, Delta Halifax, Halifax, NS
Back by popular demand!
Everything you need to know about Atlantic Canada's Standard Auto Policies updated for 2008. Learn the nuts and bolts of the Standard Auto Policy including recent changes in your jurisdiction and how they impact your cases. Discover the rules of the road and cement your position on Section A liability. Get an insider's look at the insurer's world. Learn your role in managing Section B as part of your case strategy and learn to beat the four year limit on medical benefits. Recognise and leverage bad faith denials. Get the berries on Section C, Section D and SEF 44 coverage and much more!
Download the Conference Brochure here!
THE A, B, C & Ds OF AUTO INSURANCE conference will inclulde:
• Introductory Remarks by Conference Chair - Brian Hebert, Hebert Boddie
• Section A - Nuts & Bolts: Limits, Changes, Notice & More
• Section A Toolbox - Onuses and Rules under the Motor Vehicle Act
• Learned & Forgotten: Views from the Driving Instructor & Lost Lessons on Standard of Care
• How to Get Your Case Settled Fairly: Internal Adjusting Assumptions & an Insiders Look at Adjusting
• Close, but No CAP! Ontario Lessons to Learn From with J. Patrick Brown, McLeish Orlando & OTLA President
• Close, but No CAP! Local Lessons & Experiences
• Conference Luncheon sponsored by Seahold Investments, Inc.
Featured Address by Barry Mason, Pressé Mason on the Post NS Challenge Wrap-Up
• Section B - Nuts & Bolts: Inclusions, Options, Limits, Changes, Notice & More
• The Pros and Cons of Managing the Section B Claim
• After Economical v. Rushton: How to Secure Section B Medical & Rehab Expenses Beyond 4 Years
• Section C - Nuts & Bolts: Inclusions, Options, Limits, Changes & More
• Section D – Nuts & Bolts: Limits, Changes, Notice & Responsibilities
• SEF 44 – Nuts & Bolts: Limits, Changes, Notice & Responsibilities
• Denial of Section B Income Benefits - Making the Insurer Pay for Bad Faith with J. Patrick Brown, McLeish Orlando & OTLA President
Our CONFERENCE FACULTY includes:
• J. Patrick Brown, McLeish Orlando & OTLA President
• Chris Correia, Q.C., Correia Collins
• William Dow, Q.C., Carr Stevenson & MacKay
• Gordon F. Proudfoot, Q.C., Boyne Clarke
• John Boddie, Hebert Boddie
• David Brannen, Cantini Law Group
• Robin Gogan, Sampson McDougall
• Barry Mason, Pressé Mason
• Sophie MacDonald, Matheson and Murray
• Harvey McPhee, Sampson McDougall
• Mark Raftus, WAGNERS
• Megan Richard, OT & Health Care Consultant
• Peter Rumscheidt, Goldberg Thompson
• Nicolle Snow, MacGillivray Injury & Insurance Law
• Kelly Wasson, WAGNERS
REGISTRATION FOR THE CONFERENCE IS OPEN TO APTLA MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS ALIKE.
Those qualifying for APTLA Membership may wish to consider joining so as to take advantage of the preferred pricing for APTLA Members. Those who do not qualify for Membership are welcome to register as Non-Members.
APTLA MEMBER REGISTRATION
__ $400 + HST = $452.00 • APTLA Lawyer Members
__ $400 + HST = $452.00 • APTLA Associate Members
__ $300 + HST = $339.00 • APTLA Young Lawyer Members
__ $200 + HST = $226.00 • APTLA Member Clerks & Students
__ $600 + HST = $678.00 • Lawyers
__ $400 + HST = $452.00 • Clerks & Students
Registration includes a CD of conference materials, refreshments, and the conference luncheon. All conference attendees will receive a CD of the conference materials.
THIS IS AN UPDATE AND REPRISE OF OUR MOST POPULAR CONFERENCE. SPACE IS LIMITED. PLEASE REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO SECURE YOUR PLACE AT THE PROGRAM.
DELTA HALIFAX ACCOMMODATIONS - APTLA has established a preferred room rate starting at $177.00 + tax at the Delta Halifax for those attending the conference. This preferred rate is subject to availability and you must inform the Delta that you are attending the Atlantic Provinces Trial Lawyers Association conference when you are making your reservations. The Delta's contact number is 902 425 6700 or toll-free 877 814 7706. Please make your reservations immediately.
CANCELLATIONS - Registration cancellations must be received by the office no later than Friday, October 24th, 2008. We will issue a refund for the registration fee paid less a $50.00 processing fee. APTLA cannot accepts cancellations after October 24, 2008 and refunds will not be issued after that date. Substitution of another attendee from the same category of registation is always permitted, althought we would appreciate notice of such substitutions.